Wednesday, March 15, 2017

What the heck is up with Spring?

I know I am not adding anything new to the discussion by complaining about winter... but enough already!

For someone, like me, who grew up in California... March was a magical month. The roses bloom, the air is warm and you began thinking about the beach. But NOT HERE in New York City.... forget it. It is 24 degrees outside today BEFORE wind chill...

That is just wrong.

What is it about seasons and our connection to them? We cant wait for summer to come, and then after months of cooking in inhumane humidity, we begin to day dream about falling leaves and fall jackets. In no time we are mentioning to people that "I wish it would snow" and we cross our fingers we have a white Christmas. And then March comes and every person on the eastern seaboard would DO ANYTHING for a daffodil to pop up in their yard!

Funny how that works.

Because I was created in a place that had no seasons - I know that you need cold to really appreciate the warm (unless you are in San Diego where it is 70 degrees EVERY day of the year).

So to all of you East Coasters out there that want to scream at the TV weather dude every morning this month when he can't seem to say the word "fifty degrees" to save his life ... I feel ya...